Hello Newcomer, welcome to the Moving2Canada community!

This community is a support network for all topics around immigration to Canada. We operate a friendly, welcoming forum, so please consult the Community Links on the right (desktop) or at the bottom (mobile) of the page as well as the Rules & Guidelines of this forum before posting: https://forum.moving2canada.com/discussion/10/please-read-before-posting-forum-rules-guidelines

We are glad to have you!

IEC via a recognized organization on the basis they have exhausted their allowable participations?

Hey,

I have just learned of the IEC recognized organizations and wondering if anyone that has already done the IEC has been successful in obtaining a repeat participation of IEC ? I'm applying from Ireland and I am eligible for IEC other than the fact I have already participated (POE letter received 2014 Activated 2015) Thanks in advance!

Answers

• MarcelM2CMarcelM2C Posts: 231Administrator M2C Team

Hi @emmywhits, IRCC has recently clarified that it is possible to participate in IEC beyond the maximum duration stated for your country, if you participate through a Recognized Organization. You can participate through ROs twice and the participation you have had as part of the agreement between your country and Canada does not count towards this maximum.

We have explained the details of what this all means in this article:

It also has a list of Recognized Organizations and the countries they serve.

Hope this helps!

• emmywhitsemmywhits Posts: 2Member Newcomer

Thanks @MarcelM2C , do you have any idea of how many visas the ROs are assigned? If so, how quickly do they go. Cheers!

• MarcelM2CMarcelM2C Posts: 231Administrator M2C Team

As far as I know ROs also space out the quotas they have over the season. I don't know how many they have.