Hello Newcomer, welcome to the Moving2Canada community!

This community is a support network for all topics around immigration to Canada. We operate a friendly, welcoming forum, so please consult the Community Links on the right (desktop) or at the bottom (mobile) of the page as well as the Rules & Guidelines of this forum before posting: https://forum.moving2canada.com/discussion/10/please-read-before-posting-forum-rules-guidelines

We are glad to have you!

Admission to High School in Canada

ChetuChetu Posts: 2Member Newcomer

Dear Sir

My daughter is presently in 9th Grade Of CBSE curriculum from India. I want her to continue her high school in Canada. When I checked online I found that most schools get international students admitted through authorized designated agents. I could not find any agent. She wants to do her undergraduate studies in Finance and accounting.

1) How do I go about getting her admitted? Is there anyways someone can help us?

2) Her mother wants to accompany her as she is a minor. Can she do that? If yes what is the procedure?

3)Which county or province would best suit her from the point of weather, Cost, culture?

Comments

• MarcelM2CMarcelM2C Posts: 224Administrator M2C Team

Hello @Chetu, welcome to the forum.

Your daughter would need to have a school confirming that she can attend classes at their institution. With that she can apply for a study permit. If your daughter's mother accompanies her as a visitor, your daughter still needs to apply for a study permit, while her mother needs a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

I know that many Indians move to southern Ontario, for example the Greater Toronto Area etc. But Vancouver generally has a milder winter than most other major cities in Canada. Both options are quite expensive, then again there are smaller cities in both areas with more affordable cost of living.

• ChetuChetu Posts: 2Member Newcomer

Dear Marcel

Thanks for the response. Sorry to bother you however I have some more queries based on your response:

1. Can you name the smaller cities in this area which are cheaper?
    2. Can I get from you name of schools in these smaller cities, which accept international students, where she can apply?
    3. Can we apply directly to the school for admission?