Hello Newcomer, welcome to the Moving2Canada community!

This community is a support network for all topics around immigration to Canada. We operate a friendly, welcoming forum, so please consult the Community Links on the right (desktop) or at the bottom (mobile) of the page as well as the Rules & Guidelines of this forum before posting: https://forum.moving2canada.com/discussion/10/please-read-before-posting-forum-rules-guidelines

We are glad to have you!

Updating NOC Code

keyemkeyem Posts: 1Member Newcomer
edited July 2019 in Express Entry

Hi,

I have my express entry setup already completed and my CRS score is 340. I have my IELTS score overall 7 (attended twice but same score). My age is 30+. I have an engineering degree and my present NOC code in the express entry pool is 2133. I have 10+ years of experience in Oil & Gas sector in which I have worked in various domain. Since my CRS is low, I'm trying for provincial nomination. Unfortunately PNP not open for my present NOC.

I would like to know that can i change NOC (for eg. Managerial position like NOC 0211) in the express entry, since my work profile include working in Managerial position.

Another thing that I'm wondering is, my profile is already 6 months old and I'm not getting any provincial nominations. When I consulted my local immigration consultant they have replied that there is nothing to be done and all PNP selection are done in the express entry automatically. So I would like to know if what they have said is true or not?

Appreciate if anyone could advice.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• MarcelM2CMarcelM2C Posts: 378Administrator M2C Team

Hello @keyem, welcome to the forum!

all PNP selection are done in the express entry automatically. So I would like to know if what they have said is true or not?

This is not necessarily true, though it applies to many popular streams. There are PNP streams that work with an Expression of Interest system though, in which candidates have to apply to the province for nomination rather than being picked from the Express Entry pool. The Manitoba Express Entry Pathway is one such example. I'd recommend you check the requirements of other Express Entry-aligned streams too. You can get a list of these in our PNP Live Tracker tool, by sorting for EE-aligned streams: https://moving2canada.com/pnp-canada-live-tracker/

I would like to know that can i change NOC (for eg. Managerial position like NOC 0211)

Yes, you can update your profile with a different NOC. You should be able to do this straight in your profile. Obviously you'll need to show that your new NOC matches the actual duties you performed.

Hope this helps!